This university project centred around constructing a suitably versatile, visual identity. More specifically, it needed to work for both large and small formats. My large format deliverable, which I worked on first, was an A3 poster. I spent a considerable amount of time extracting and distilling the key information from the copy provided, which I then assembled typographically. My choice of background image was informed by the cyclical qualities of a camera lens, as it is this which allows the capture of image and film. Over the course of the project, I stripped away the colour and cropped closer and closer to the centre of the lens. Such extreme framing gave the image a grainy quality which – although entirely unintentional – seemed to mimic that of traditional film grain. This effect felt particularly appropriate given the nature of the project, and so I decided to keep it in the final version. In addition to the poster, I designed a folded A4 programme to fulfil the small format deliverable. This programme details the names, times, and locations of the various sessions at the six-day event. I borrowed as many rules and motifs from the poster as possible to ensure visual continuity. This meant keeping typographic differentiation to a minimum and using rules and various sizes of negative space to convey hierarchical relationships. I also borrowed the posters underlying grid to structure the programmes typography.